Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Started cleaning up a CIL 20 gauge Pump that belonged to my father. It is about as sound as any shotgun I have ever handled. Very solid, good pointer but has just had one to many rounds pumped through it. My father was very old school (Wipe the water off. Run an oily swab through every fall and you were good to go).

Before I started pulling it apart and cleaning it up can anyone tell me where I can get a smithing manual on this particular Gun . The Manufactuer has long since desolved into IVI (I think). I am looking for anything on this. No peice of info is to small.

·
Registered
101 Posts
i have a CIL, which i believe marlands told me is the equivalanet of the savage model 30... ive never taken mine all apart because there is no removable trigger group and my cousin opened his up(model 30) and springs went flying...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

I did the same just over the weekend and was greeted with the same response.

I will have to admit that I know enough to know that I don't know anything and take it to a professional.

It shouldn't hurt the pocket book to much. Just my pride when I take in a bag of parts and a stupid grin.

Craig :oops:

·
Registered
101 Posts
hehe, ya my cousin had to do the same thing. except the shop reversed his safety so he shot when he didnt mean to....got in BIG trouble. my CIL has been cleaned in about 35 years i beleive, still works fine

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only problem that I have with this one is that the pump is stiff as all get out. The action is just not reliable at this point. Plus the barrel is just starting to show signs of rust.

It needs a thorough cleaning and a re-blue-ing. There is built up residue from over 30 years of use. The most that was ever done to it was to pour some gun oil in and hope for the best.

I grew up with this gun and would like to keep it around for some time. Best to admit defeat and take it to a pro. :roll:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Shotgun Firearms Assembly Guide has the Savage 30 in it.
Might give you enough info to get it back together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.