Shotgun Forum banner
41 - 60 of 90 Posts

· Registered
2,414 Posts
lockstock said:
i've had a stoeger uplander in 28 for a couple of years now (friend set a price that just couldn't be beat... free!). it's my grouse gun no questions asked, when i'm off for grouse, nothing else leaves the cabinet.
The 28 gauge is the only shotgun I use in the uplands.What shells are you using?

If you want to check out Canadian Gunnutz click on the link in the bottom of my post.If you are interested in the 28 gauge try clicking on the 28 Gauge Society link at the bottom of my post as well.

· Registered
376 Posts
28 gauge said:
lockstock said:
i've had a stoeger uplander in 28 for a couple of years now (friend set a price that just couldn't be beat... free!). it's my grouse gun no questions asked, when i'm off for grouse, nothing else leaves the cabinet.
The 28 gauge is the only shotgun I use in the uplands.What shells are you using?

If you want to check out Canadian Gunnutz click on the link in the bottom of my post.If you are interested in the 28 gauge try clicking on the 28 Gauge Society link at the bottom of my post as well.
i'm quite keen of federal windshocks, out of the [limited] loads out there, i'm quite pleased with the bang for my buck in these (pun intended i suppose).

· Registered
2,414 Posts
lockstock said:
28 gauge said:
Have used Federal 28 gauge shells in the past with good results.Have not used the newer Wind Shock 28 gauge loads.
sorry, meant to say wing* shock. anyway, they're a good shell with good results.
I'm as bad you you are.I knew that and still coppied the word down just as you wrote it.Had a good chuckle on myself over that. :)

· Registered
376 Posts
billandlori said:
The guy to SGW from Stratford Ontario here.

Don't own any yet, but plan on getting something soon. Looking at a coach gun or 870 or 500.

Bill
Hi Bill, another Ontarian here. I'd go for the 870. They're an excellant utility shotgun with many uses. Not to mention a good reliable piece. If there are ever any gun auctions down around your way, go check them out. If they're anything like the auctions up my way (bancroft/barry's bay) you'll find shotguns galore going for peanuts (870's included) and they're often in pretty good condition too.

· Registered
1,312 Posts
oldstarfire said:
Born, raised, and live in Manitoba - a desert, where a 20ga hammer gun cannot seem to be found! :(
I just happen to have a 20 gauge hammer gun for sale - a Neumann Bros. back action! :D
Works just grand with 55 grains of FFG and 3/4oz of shot in brass cases! :mrgreen:
Davide

· Registered
405 Posts
Hello an other blue noser here :D .happened on to this site researching Yildiz shotguns.happy to find some other canucks here :lol: and yes i have bought one :p

41 - 60 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.