Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A car paint protection question……

Has anyone had any experience with a professionally applied polymer and resin product, which is claimed to protect car finishes?

Such as;

"Perma-Shine is a unique automotive product specially formulated to penetrate and protect the painted surface of your car. Our special blend of polymers and resins protects your vehicle from the harmful effects of weathering", from;

http://www.permashinecarcare.com/serv.htm

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TT

Thanks, I am sceptical of these things but don't want to dismiss something with some potential.

As a student, I worked part time in an autobody shop in the 1970's, as a helper, not a bodyman. I have seen products come and go, so I am not ready to jump at this. There used to be stuff back then that made finish repairs tougher, but that was a WHILE ago now.

The vehicle in question is new, picked up yesterday; not making any quick decisions.

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
Congrats on the new ride, most manufacturers have the clear down pat-----can't say the same for the foreign cars. You just need a good polish/wax to "keep" it.

I use Meguiars 1214 polish/cleaner, while not the best protectant out there, not the best Meguiars either, it is ultra easy and quick. I figured I wouldn't have the time or inclination to always do it right so I chose an easy maintenance deal. Takes about 5 minutes to do my pickup.

Almost 439K on it, and 11 years of sun, except for the rock chips there is little to look down on there.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A500R said:
If the vehicle has clear coat, I would not be putting anything on it but a good coat of wax now & then.
Thanks, that was what I suspected.

In discussing this with someone at work that had a new, red GM truck done; they would not do it over again :shock:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Have often heard Zaino recommended by people who show their cars... It's pricey, but worth it. I use it on my Supra.
For my daily driver, (Mazda 6 wagon) I've found Nufinish works as good as any, and it comes off quite easily. TT, she looks great! Unfortunately in Maine, with road salt, and now calcium chloride on the interstate, no vehicle looks that good after 11 years, unless it's stored for the winter :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.