Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here in UK we are hearing of impending price increases,allegedly as much as $24/1000 rise. This would make the price of a good quality 1oz clay cartridge $240/1000. What do you pay in the US for a comparable cartridge?

·
Registered
27,025 Posts
VicW said:
Here in UK we are hearing of impending price increases,allegedly as much as $24/1000 rise. This would make the price of a good quality 1oz clay cartridge $240/1000. What do you pay in the US for a comparable cartridge?
That works out to about $6/box. I can get Kemen for a little less right now ($55/flat). We have cheaper loadings available at Walmart from Federal, Remington, and Winchester - but they are not, IIRC, 1oz loading - they typically are 1-1/8 and are made from their cheaper components

·
Registered
12,637 Posts
I used to shoot walmart specials $21-24/100. Over the summer I got some remington gunclubs from Cabelas $54/250 that I was impressed enough with I think I'll stick with them.

·
Registered
14,316 Posts
None of this helps the British gentleman of course, and he was speaking longterm...

I was just at Walmart, and the sale appears to finally be over on the 3 "promos": good riddance.

Right now Dick's Sporting Good's, if you have them in your area, is the best place to buy retail that I have found, their sale running at least another week:

Remington Gun Club 1 oz, 1 1/8 oz, 1145-1390 FPS: $5.98/box minus a buck off rebate = $4.98/box.

AA's $6.95 minus $2 rebate = $4.95/box.

20 gauge also available and they even had some 16, 28, .410 on sale.

I'd doubt guys buying by the pallet are doing any better than that, though their quantities quickly outstrip the rebates.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks for the replies.Without your special offers you seem to paying a little bit more than us and that's for 1oz so presumably you are hit harder for heavier stuff.There's not so much home loading goes in the UK these days,apparently you just about break even if you have had the equipment some time and have absorbed the cost.In the UK homeloads are not allowed in competition and many shooting grounds don't allow them at any time,although quite how they know I've no idea.

Vic.

·
Registered
I lost them all in a boating accident.
18,042 Posts
I picked up some Rios at Cabelas over the weekend for $55/250. I feel I've been lucky staying under $60/250 all this year for 12's and 20's. Winchester AA 28's are 8.97 at Walmart (with a $2/box rebate expiring soon) and I picked up some of them. I'm glad I don't shoot .410 or 16...

·
Registered
20,524 Posts
What's the deal on the $2 rebate on Win AA's? Purchase limit? What is needed to get rebate? Etc. Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.