Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
We must have been watching different trials. The state never even proved a homicide occurred, and personally, I think the Dad may have done it just as easily. That suicide note crap was the hokiest BS I've ever seen. Heart medicine and a six pack? hahaha. Really? If I had to guess I'd say it's 60/40 (to me) that Casee did it, but the prosecutors didn't prove crap and "laughing boy" mugging to the jury during the defenses final arguments should have been thrown into jail.

·
Registered
11,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Didn't prove that a homicide occured? The DEAD CHILD they dug up with duct tape over it's mouth might be a good place to start if they were looking for evidence of wrong doing... Secondly, the fact that it wasn't reported to the authorities for a MONTH that her child was missing? WTF is that? There was SERIOUS funny business with this case.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
What did any of the three state coronors list as cause of death?

Nobody proved the child was murdered. Of course I think she was. That's not good enough to kill someone.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
I thought she would be acquitted. I thought the
prosecutions case was weak. Not saying she is
innocent, but there were too many problems in
the evidence. Notice also the jury did not have
a really big problem figuring this out. For a case
this involved they agreed pretty rapidly that the
prosecution did not make the case.

·
Registered
11,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does cause of death really matter? The child is dead, and the body was hidden. Even if it was SIDS the mother is still guilty of gross negligence to a child, and desecration of a body, along with some SERIOUS mental issues that they can address in jail. She is going to walk out scott free on Thursday TDF... FREE. Her child is dead and she's responsible for her being not dead. She needs to have punishment.

·
Registered
12,076 Posts
We have the principal of the presumption of innocence to protect us from the power of government. Although Casey is reprehensible the case was weak and her lawyers clouded enough issues.
She has been found guilty by the court of public opinion and will never be forgiven.
http://www.talkleft.com/story/2003/01/12/153/23800

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Casey may have done it, or not. I think "Dad" may well have "done it" (hidden the body or was in some way involved). I don't think "Dad" murdered the little girl but if it was an accident his statements to his girlfreind would have made sense.

Plenty of doubt. Don't forget, they could have convicted her of manslaughter but found her NG of that as well.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Our founding fathers laid down our countries laws. It says to be found innocent by a jury of your piers. That's what was done. Our system worked as designed.

Too many not only in this case but in nearly every case covered with so much media attention. The people have them convicted and will except nothing but guilty..no matter what.

She has earned her right to freedom and to live her life in peace. I'm afraid many will not let that happen. That is what shakes the very foundation of this country. vigilanti type justice and people who will not except anything short of the death penalty for what they really have nothing more then what the media spoon fed them.

She may not be the best mother. that is no doubt but right now that's all she is guilty of.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Is she a waste of oxygen? Probably. Judging from the descriptions of her partying after her daughter died, I think there's a pretty deep layer of Hell that has a place for her.

But just because she's a terrible person doesn't mean that she should get the needle. You have to prove your case first. And the prosecution didn't do it. At all. They had a weak case but chose to go ahead anyway thanks to the media turning the thing into a circus.

Either way, there were probably 20-30 Casey Anthonys this year. Why did this one get so much attention?

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Either way, there were probably 20-30 Casey Anthonys this year. Why did this one get so much attention?
Probably because Casey is waifish and child-like in appearance. She elicits sympathy. Or at least interest. She's the eternal child-woman. If you are old enough to remember her, this was Bardot's secret. She sure as hell couldn't act.

·
Registered
291 Posts
phideaux_2003 said:
Wow, I didn't realize there was so much tolerance of dispicable behavior in here... Or in Florida. Maybe Dexter Morgan will take care of her...
Oh believe me, I think she's a terrible human being. I even think that she did it. But if we just lower the standard of proof because "well everyone knows she did it," what's keeping the court from doing it if you or I gets put in the defendant's chair?

The case was weak as hell and they went through with it because Nancy Grace was whoring out to the media. Not good enough for me.

"Beyond a reasonable doubt" is a pretty central tenet of our criminal law system. Trial by media is not.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Nick, I didn't watch any of this case. I knew it would be another OJ circus & thought the outcome would be the same. Look for her to be in the news in the near future.

·
Registered
291 Posts
My favorite part is Fox interviewing all the mouth-breathers outside the courthouse.

"I'm a mother, and I think she's guilty."

Really, now? Did you get that from your Harvard Law education, or Nancy Grace?

·
Registered
11,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So a woman neglects her child, allows it to die, perhaps she killed it, perhaps her dad did, we'll sort those minor issues out later... She allows the child to die, the child isn't reported missing for a month, then the child ends up actually being buried for 6 months. I didn't see where they found the body... Was it in a back yard or something?

So the child is dead, missing and the mother is partying...

Is there not enough evidence right here to bring her up on child neglect and desicration of a cadaver?

If I have a child and I let the child run out in the street and the child is killed by a car, who gets charged with child neglect? ME!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
phideaux_2003 said:
So a woman neglects her child, allows it to die, perhaps she killed it, perhaps her dad did, we'll sort those minor issues out later... She allows the child to die, the child isn't reported missing for a month, then the child ends up actually being buried for 6 months. I didn't see where they found the body... Was it in a back yard or something?
Best I understand the body was found in a swampy area near the home.

phideaux_2003 said:
So the child is dead, missing and the mother is partying...

Is there not enough evidence right here to bring her up on child neglect and desicration of a cadaver?!
I don't know. I'm sure at some point they decide which charges they are going to bring. In this case, it seems they went for murder 1 and manslaughter (not sure how you do that), plus obviously some lesser counts of providing faulty info to the cops.

phideaux_2003 said:
If I have a child and I let the child run out in the street and the child is killed by a car, who gets charged with child neglect? ME!
Actually, most places, if your child got into the street and was run over it would most likely be ruled an accident absent any grossly irresponsible behaviour. Children are run over and drown a lot, unfortunately. Usually it is a tragic accident and no one is charged with a crime.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
A friend of mine was working for the state welfare department when one of his co-workers was selected for a murder jury here in Tyler. One day during the trial they had an early adjournment and she came by the office and talked about the case, which she wasn't supposed to do. Someone asked her if she thought the guy was guilty and she replied, "Of course he's guilty. The police wouldn't have arrested and charged him if he wasn't."

Fortunately my friend, though not from a prominent family, was old Tyler for four generations and knew the judge well enough to call him that evening. The woman was thrown off the jury with a severe butt chewing. The verdict was "not guilty." Two years later another fellow confessed to the crime in a plea bargain agreement.

People like that scare the hell out of me.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
They piss me off. Almost as much as the ones who want to give my rights away because it'll make them feel safer.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.