Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe I bought (some time ago) a SxS with a 1/4" cast on, instead of a 1/4" cast off.

I am a right handed shooter, and didn't notice this for some time, as I used the gun intermittently. But, after not doing well with it I finally went to a stock man and he said that it was made for a left handed shooter.

How can I get this fixed?

Thanks,

Dennis

·
Registered
7,059 Posts
Most likely you can have the stock bent. Check on the gunsmithing forum. Mike Orlen, one of the moderators there, does stock bending. There are othe people that can do it also. Basically they can heat the stock in hot oil and bend it to the final shape that you need. Depends a little on the grain in the wood as to whether they will try it.

·
Registered
6,265 Posts
dennis7450

If your SxS doesn't have a left handed top lever or trigger set, then it was possibly (probably?) bent up to suit a southpaw in the first place. If so, the chances are are it will go back t'other way without too much fuss.

It is a job for a professional, not a wood butcher though.

Regards
Eug

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
You probably want to consider the price of the gun,
is it a spendy SxS, or a cheap one?
I don't imagine stock bending is real cheap,so you
need to consider if it's worth it ot you, vs. another gun.

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
If I remember corerctly the following e-mail address will get a message to Ed Yanchok(?). [email protected]. Ed bends stocks among other things.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.