Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m needing to purchase a good belt for inside the waistband carry. The majority of the time I carry a S&W shield 9, but sometimes it’s my full size M&P 9. I’m small build and am always pulling up my waistband when carrying. Currently I’m just using some decent leather belts but they aren’t getting the job done. I want the new belt to be nice looking enough to be worn with dress clothes, adjustable to wear when not carrying, and as comfortable as possible while still being stiff enough to hold the gun in place. I carry the full size in a Galco super tuck holster and the shield in a neoprene holster that I probably need to upgrade.

Can you guys recommend belts to consider and brands to avoid.
Thanks in advance , Bob.

·
Registered
6,615 Posts
Welcome! You realize this site is named ‘shotgun world’?

We’re I you, I’d take my question to one of the handgun specific sites, such as 1911.com or similar.

To answer your question though, look at a company like Milt Sparks, Bianchi, etc. for what you’re looking for. Good luck.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Kore Essentials click belt.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm with GulfCoast......I really like Kore Essentials. I have both a black nylon belt and a more dressy belt, both are comfy, solid, very adjustable, and priced well.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I have a 5.11 nylon that is OK for IWB but not good for OWB.

I have just a heavy Carhart leather belt that is good for both though not specifically made for carry

·
Administrator
23,268 Posts
Discount today on Vedder belts.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Welcome! You realize this site is named ‘shotgun world’?

We’re I you, I’d take my question to one of the handgun specific sites, such as 1911.com or similar.

and yet I was only able to find the answer to my question about my Siemens fridge on this site, and that included going to Siemens customer service. There is a lot of knowledge here that is not confined to just shotguns.

Reactions: loneranger

·
Registered
6,615 Posts
and yet I was only able to find the answer to my question about my Siemens fridge on this site, and that included going to Siemens customer service. There is a lot of knowledge here that is not confined to just shotguns.
That’s wonderful

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Relentless Tactical has leather gun belts that are two layers and work great for me. They look good and aren’t too expensive for what you get. Plenty stiff enough whether I’m carrying a J-Frame S&W, a Sig P365 or my FN FNS-9 (the latter I’ve been carry all day today in fact). I occasionally carry a 1911 .45 in a paddle holster OWB and it works for that too but I rarely open carry.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you all. The Kore, Relentless, and Hanks are ones I was considering. I’ll give each of them a thorough search along with the other suggestions.
And yes I’m fully aware that this is a shotgun site, that’s why I posted this in the tactical forum. I spent a good amount of time reading here and these guys know their shtuff. I was confident that I’d get good recommendations and they didn’t let me down. Thanks again!

·
Registered
964 Posts
I’m needing to purchase a good belt for inside the waistband carry. The majority of the time I carry a S&W shield 9, but sometimes it’s my full size M&P 9. I’m small build and am always pulling up my waistband when carrying. Currently I’m just using some decent leather belts but they aren’t getting the job done. I want the new belt to be nice looking enough to be worn with dress clothes, adjustable to wear when not carrying, and as comfortable as possible while still being stiff enough to hold the gun in place. I carry the full size in a Galco super tuck holster and the shield in a neoprene holster that I probably need to upgrade.

Can you guys recommend belts to consider and brands to avoid.
Thanks in advance , Bob.
Kramer double thickness horsehide belt, in 1.5" width.

There is NO BETTER CCW belt on the market, in my opinion.

I carry a full size government model with spare mag pouch, and there are no problems with the gun sagging at all. My oldest one is from 1998 and it still looks and performs perfectly. They wear like iron.

(Their holsters are awesome too, by the way. I love horsehide over cowhide).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Another vote for Hanks. They answered my questions and the quality is high. I also used a Mitch Rosen belt for many years. More expensive, but he makes quality products.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all the replies. Ordered a Kore belt for the adjustability of their ratchet system. I went with the Kore tactical black web belt as it was described as having more stiffness than their leather belts. It should arrive this week. I’ll be sure to report back after wearing it for a few weeks. Thanks again.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I really like the Wilderness tactical belts. Last forever and easily adjustable. Stiff and has lots of different uses..except dress belt. Doesn’t go with my suit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts