Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
505 Posts
I have one on my CG Summit Acsent. I think it is a nice piece. It is comfortable and is not sticky or anything weird. It is easy to go install/remove. The looks are subjective some will pile it and others hate it. It fit with the look I had going on my CG. If your gun fits properly and doesn't cause excessive face slap I don't think there is a massive increase in shooting comfort. It is still pretty firm with just a bit of squish to it. If you don't mind the looks I wouldn't hesitate to get it.

· Registered
Winchester Super X 1,2,3, 101 Diamond 96, 37A,1200,1300,12, 25 & Caesar Guerini Summit Challenger
7 Posts
I installed one on my Challenger Ascent. Soft shooting gun, no cheek bite or slap but, I was shooting up to 500 rounds in a day. Very comfortable and no sore cheek at the end of the day. Have put them on my Summit Trap gun also and my Summit Sporting 20 gauge the kids shoot. They don't always keep their head down and can get the cheek bit. I think it was well worth the money.

· Registered
83 Posts
I have one on my CG Summit Acsent. I think it is a nice piece. It is comfortable and is not sticky or anything weird. It is easy to go install/remove. The looks are subjective some will pile it and others hate it. It fit with the look I had going on my CG. If your gun fits properly and doesn't cause excessive face slap I don't think there is a massive increase in shooting comfort. It is still pretty firm with just a bit of squish to it. If you don't mind the looks I wouldn't hesitate to get it.
Am I correct in that this fits right over the existing adjustable comb? Also how does it attach?

· Registered
505 Posts
Am I correct in that this fits right over the existing adjustable comb? Also how does it attach?
As Super XM stated it is a full replacement of the wooden comb. To add a little more info it basically a molded foam comb that is molded over the metal female portion of the CG adjustable comb system that is in your wooden comb. The foam is a high density closed cell foam and then there is a smooth outer layer ontop of the base foam. It is a quality manufacturerd piece that fits and functions well. The only potential negative is associated with "looks" which is very subjective.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts