Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What differences will it make when you shoot a right hand AL390 left handed?I need to switch because my left is my master eye.someone told me I would have to do some stock adjusting. What would that be? thanks sj :?

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
SJ,

It is possible that the gun will fit you differently on your left side rather than your right, but unlikely. Have a coach or gun fitter look at it.

One issue is that the shells will now exit past your nose, so you will have to learn to ignore them.

Shooting from the same side as the master eye, especially if you have just started is THE way to go.

Roger

G

·
I shoot a 391 left-handed (same boat right-handed but left eye dominant -- never shot right handed though. Dad was a firearms instructor, tested for eye dominance when I first learned, and made me shoot left from the get go.). I have never noticed the shells eject (focused too much on the bird). The only modifications I have made is changing the cast for a lefty. Your manual will tell you how to do it (Basically, remove recoil pad, remove bolt inside stock, flip the shims and reassemble -- piece of cake).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts