Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The choke changing thread got me thinking again about a comment I heard during a round a few months back. While discussing choke changing, a fellow shooter said he knew a guy who rarely changed chokes, but would frequently change the lens colors of his glasses during a round to attune with the lighting, background, target presentation, etc. at a given station.

At first this struck me as more micro-managing of hardware rather than watching the shooters ahead of you and refining your shot plan. But seeing the target clearly is priority number one, so maybe it's not so silly?

·
Registered
464 Posts
I'll do it when the sun pops out after a cloudy start or vise versa. Usually I stay with a purple tint. I do notice that some of the PSCA shooters will have a second pair on their hat, which I assume is a different tint.

·
Registered
27,074 Posts
Same here; if the brightness of the sky drastically changes, or we go from bright stations out in the open to one in a dark shaded area, I will change; otherwise, no. Randolph's CMT lens is great in bright sun, but can be too dark in heavy shade. With some sun scarring, I am sensitive to glare and go accordingly

·
Registered
14,662 Posts
Grace: I'm old enough to be your granddaddy. :D

I use clear lens unless they throw pink targets. Then I have to wear my light purple lens or I can't see 'em.

The more light coming thru , the greater depth of field.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I have Pilla Hornets with 2 sets of Max Orange prescription lenses. I use the lighter most of the time; the darker in full sun or glare. In a dark rainstorm last weekend I wished I had one more set in a lighter shade.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I carry a few extra pairs in my bag, then I wear my M-frame oakleys on my hat, if I have to change for darkening or if targets are up in the sky, I change them out, but otherwise I'm a 95% purple lens guy almost all the time.

Although I have been looking into other lenses/tints, brands of shooting glasses etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.