Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I came home with my wallet (and therefore marriage) intact. But there are a fair number of A5's and a bunch of very nice superposeds for sale.

2 interesting A5's, one is a hard cased 12 with two barrels and all the original factory reciepts, dated 1945, sold right after Belgium was liberated...one of the first. I did not look at the price.

The other was a Superlight (alluminum receiver) with the black crinkle finish, I think he wanted something like $2700. Yeeks. I don't think he was getting any lookers at that one.

Jeff

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey everyone should have one classic autoloader, maybe not that one....

Everyone should also have a:

Win model 12 pump

Superposed O/U

Parker SxS

Not that I'm opinionated or anything.....

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Jeff,
Browning Superposed skeet
Model 12 (3)
Remington 1100 -Classic auto (?)
Browning B-80 -Classic auto (?)
Beretta 390 (2) -Future Classic auto
Beretta 391 (2) -Future Classic auto

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ClayDr,

I can forgive the lack of an A5 as you already have a passle of autoloaders.

But, your in Quail country. No Virginians gun cabinet should be without at least one American built SxS!!!!

Jeff

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Jeff, at my age my relationship with SXS's is similar to my relationship with people like Catherine Zeta-Jones or Jessica Simpson. I see the picture in the magazine, I say that's hot-looking then I get it home and can't remember why I wanted it. I'm more of a clays shooter than a bird hunter so the SXS feels funny in my hands and I don't shoot them well. I have a Ugartachea that I bought and don't know why. I think it was in case I ever got invited to a Vintager shoot and didn't want to embarrass myself by not having an appropriate gun. So far I haven't been invited but as you know, when you decide you need a certain gun, it's any rationale in a storm.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We'll now that you've admitted to owning a SxS don't you feel better already?

Rather than blow a bunch of money on a trip to the Vintagers to rub elbows with the yankees, oil up the Ugartachea and make a short run down to the southern SxS championships in Sanford NC. There is beautiful stuff on display and for sale in the tents, the sporting clays course is fun and the shooters are not all stuffed shirts. (ok there just a few)

They also have a 5 stand set up, a FITASC set up. etc etc etc. And the beer and BBQ are not to bad either.

Jeff

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Actually Jeff, I went to that show about 3 years ago. My wife and I drove down and had a great time. I go just for the vendors. Been trying to get back since then but something has come up each year. The year we went, it had been raining for about 3 days and there were rivers of water running through the tents. Quite interesting. Let me know if you go this year. Maybe I'll haul out the Uggie.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'll be there. I shoot in the Parker/LC Smith event. It's a hoot as the team rivalry is pretty strong but very good natured.

If you go just ask at the Parker Gun Collectors Assn table or down at the 5 stand for me. Most of the guys in the club wear Parker nametags so were pretty easy to spot.

What part of Va. do you call home?

Jeff

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.