Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you use the factory mec charge bars and all the shot weights are low,do you just use them any way and not worry about the actual weight. I guess I am paranoid about getting the right load in that is safe to shoot.Won't you be giving up a lot when your shot charge is lighter than it shoud be? thanks. sj

MTaylor
Shotgunworld Ambassador
(4/13/03 8:29:23 am)
Re: charge bars again?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How low? Is there any physical damage to the bar? Is the rubber insert damages or swollen?

Most charge bars will weigh slightly different charges with the different size shot. #9 will likely weigh in slightly heavy and #4 slightly light. Minor variations will not make much difference.

Thing to note, however, don't use a charge bar meant for lead shot with steel shot, and vis a vis.

Many have gone to the use of an adjustable charge bar.
sjones
Frequent SW Visitor
(4/15/03 4:58:49 pm)
Reply Re: charge bars again?
I was trying to load 1 1/8 oz,which should be 492.2 grains.In order to reach that I had to add 20 more pellets. I was using 7 1/2 magnum. IT was all the way down on my balance beam scale. sj

1 - 1 of 1 Posts