Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I was wondering if there were any thoughts on a charles daily trap. it's an over and under with a fixed monte carlo stock, choke tubes but that's about it. they're asking $799 for it. I've seen some nice ones but don't know a lot about their durability and other quirks. just wondering if anybody out there has one or just knows something about them.
thanks a lot,
chris-

·
Registered
16,296 Posts
Pretty reliable guns. Hard kickers, but not too bad quality. $799 might be a bit steep unless it is something special.---Like gold plated.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
King Chris said:
Hi all, I was wondering if there were any thoughts on a charles daily trap. it's an over and under with a fixed monte carlo stock, choke tubes but that's about it. they're asking $799 for it. I've seen some nice ones but don't know a lot about their durability and other quirks. just wondering if anybody out there has one or just knows something about them.
thanks a lot,
chris-
Is this a new gun or an old gun?

Charles Daly has always been simply an importer of other people's guns. From 1963-76, they imported Japanese Miruku guns, which were excellent quality and predecessors of today's Japanese Brownings (Citori and BT99). If you're talking about a Charles Daly O/U trap gun made by Miruku, then I would certainly recommend it. However $799 seems a bit high, considering some CD/Miruku parts are no longer available, and not directly interchangable with today's Brownings.

If it's an Italian or Turkish made Charles Daly - I can't comment on its quality or durability.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
The current Daly O/Us from KBI are Italian guns from Sabbati, I believe. The Miroku Daly's are well regarded. Check gunbroker.com to see what they are selling for these days.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Good guns,I`ve owned 2 of them.A used Superior grade single barrel goes for around $400 and an O/U for around $600 in good shape.Check Jaqua`s web sight and see what they have.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. sounds like 799 is a little high but i might try to talk them down (don't worry, i won't get my hopes up). if not i'll look around. or maybe i'll just buy a kreighoff and get it done with. J/K :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
I shoot a current model daly diamond I. NRA special edition. I love it and it is a fine gun in my opinion. I paid $919.00 for it after taxes and dealer fees. O/U with single selective triggers and selective triggers. Nice engraving and a tight gun. Only been shooting it for 3 weeks so as to longevity, I don't know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts