Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a 12 ga out for dove season and the top barrel wasn't hitting the primer hard enough to make it go off every time. Hopefully a easy fix. Whats everyone think? Where to get it fixed?

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Probably needs a good cleaning and lub. I'd remove the stock and clean the receiver with a degreaser/cleaner of your choice. dry and lubricate.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
Could be ingress of dirt/powder residue in the firing pin holes. There's a sticky about removing/changing firing pins in the Browning sub forum. Probably a good idea to replace the pins at the same time for the sake of not much money.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Blair, any updates? My late 60s Daly Miroku recently developed the same problem. I'm about to tear it down as much as I can and clean it. But if I need a part that may be a problem. The problem for Daly Miroku shooters in the US is that all Mirokus are sold through Browning and we can't get new parts for pre-Browning Mirokus.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had this same problem on a 1969 20 gauge Miroku, cleaning did not help and I had to have a new hammer spring installed. There is a gun smith in AZ that still has new old stock springs for 12 and 20 gauge guns.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts