Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a shooter and not a collector. Several years ago USRAC contracted with an Marrochi to make a 1001. Do not know what happen but the contract fell through. Charles Daly and the NRA put together a series of 4 over unders built on these frames. They are an excellent value and the one I bought a Grade III it is a great shooter.

Marrochi still uses these frames under the Conquista series. Retail pricing runs $1995 to $3500 muct higher than the Daly. The American Rifleman featured an article on the Grade III in either the Nov or Dec issue.

Check the NRA website more information.

Do not know if anyone is interested but take look. I really enjoy mine. What better to do during the off season but look at guns in gun shops.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
http://www.charlesdaly.com/html/product ... iamond.asp

Link on the bottom of the page on the NRA sight that directs you to the above link to charles daly web site. Hit the link you selected and it directs you to a company called AcuSport. You follow other links to a dealer near you and get a special price. The Grade III is $999. That is a lot better than $3000.

Feel your pain on the gas prices. My electric bill was $500. Glade the weather in Ohio has warmed up. Good thing I spent the tax refund before my wife knew about it. She is funny about having heat and lights.

I shot some sporting clays on Sunday and loved the shotgun. Need to get some more choke tubes. Not that I need them but a missed target has to be because of the wrong tube and not the shooter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A guy at our gun club who is a shotgun nut and a Winchester Fan told me Marocchi made the guns for Winchester. I checked the Blue Book of Gun Values and starting in 1993 Marocchi did make the 1001. I called Charles Daly and asked who made the receivers on these guns. Marocchi.

I showed the gun to our local gun expert and he verified it is a boxlock action and to him it looked like the 1001 receiver.

I have nothing signed from anyone confirming. Look at the shotgun and give me your feed back. You seem very knowledgeable.

I could be wrong but comparing to a 1001 they look identical.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.