Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2 part question regarding this shotgun.1) I am considering buying a Charles Daly "Sportingclays" Superior Grade 12ga 28in barrels. as a combo skeet / clays gun for my son. It is a used piece which appears tight and no signs of wear what-so-ever. Lever is still right of center it is of post 1990 vintage. I have had the opinion in the past Daly's where a fairly good gun but many of the posting here lately are slamming the new ones. Any advice or comments are appreciated.2) Are the choke tubes proprietary for Dalys or will something else work. Can't find a cross reference for them. Any guidance here?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Years ago C.Ds were great shootguns. They only put there name on good stuff. Then they started to import guns from all over and seemed to change manufactures every 2 years or so. That gun you are talking about hit the states in about 1982. If you can get it at a real low price I might consider it. If I were you I would go to Dicks Sporting Goods and get a new Verona for $599.00 with a life time warrenty. No problem getting chokes and a real real nice gun. Just my thoughts.Dave

·
Registered
541 Posts
1) The O/U they import is either a spanish made gun or a japanese by Miroku. Either way it is a good soild quality firearm. The guns we have a problem with are their Turkish semi-auto and pumps. Since they do not actualy make any guns some of their products they sell are good and some are bad. Most people think they make their guns so they group them all together.2) This is off of their web site."Remchoke tubes can be used in our semi-auto and pump shotguns. Choke tubes for our over & under and side by side shotguns are proprietary to Charles Daly. All of our choke tubes can be ordered from our parts department by phone, email or online in the accessory section of this website."8o They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.Edited by: john305 at: 4/30/03 12:01:32 pm

·
Registered
159 Posts
Not going to knock the gun some of their products seem of high quality.But if it needs service it will go to the black-hole called KBI Harrisburg PA.I sent in my MM 12g auto 9.5 weeks and numerous heated phone calls I got it back.Mine is newer gun. the one you considering I think is worth the risk.Just got to stress the service they s##k!!!!:lol I hear the Name Charles Daly/KBI MY blood pres. kicks up a few klicks>: Scott Edited by: Scott231 at: 5/1/03 12:12:34 am

1 - 4 of 4 Posts