Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Charles Osborne shotgun, and know it is british and Osborne is a Birmingham maker. The gun has a London Address and the serial Number is 664xx. 12 gauge side by side, lots of engraving, nice gun. Can anyone provide information of Osborne or an idea of the year of manufacture?-thanks, Matt scoble

·
Registered
332 Posts
The factory was in Burmingham, but at various times there were shops in London, Glasgow, and Edinburgh. London address was 3 Broad Street Buildings, Broad Street, beginning in 1879 (or 1881). In 1885 the London shop moved to 7 Whitehall Place; in 1892 to 2 Great Scotland Yard; in 1908 to 10 York Buildings. In 1928 the London shop closed. The address on your gun should get you a fairly narrow range of possible manufacture dates.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I have not found that information in any of my reference books but it certainly helps. What book did it come from and did the book have any other information on the firm-thanks again-Matt Scoble

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.