Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning on purchasing a BT-99 but could not find on the Browning website any choke info....Does this model come with invector or invector plus? How many and what chokes does it come with?

Any comments much appreciated..

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
fastarget said:
Does this model come with invector or invector plus? How many and what chokes does it come with?
The current guns come with Invector Plus, they are delivered with one tube, the full.

This was the way mine came last Feb., it was a 30 year service award from the company I work for. It is a 34" adjustable stock version.

I didn't care if it came with one tube, I "choke for smoke" and the full would have been my choice anyway.

I have not found a load yet that mine didn't pattern somewhere between extremely good and excellent.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
claydust,
thanks for the info...most shooters at this elevation (4600ft), were using Mod I assumed, and wanted to know what to experiment with.

Why did Browning not sell the extended chokes with these models anyway?

Anything else that I should know, this gun does not have an adjustable comb, but it does have a "gracoil" i think I spelled it right.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
fastarget said:
Why did Browning not sell the extended chokes with these models anyway?
Not sure, an ecconomy move, perhaps? Also, a lot of shooters buy aftermarket stuff anyway althought I would find the one that came with the gun hard to beat.

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with the Gracoil and can't comment.

I assume you know the new guns come as "extractor only" and lift the shell about 1/4" above the breech end of the barrel.

My BT99, set at 1 3/8" drop at comb shoots 70/30 for me.

I have had no issues in any way with this gun, so far.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds great,
can't wait to pick it up next week and try it out.
I am glad in a way it is extractor only, saves picking up...I have been catching the shells clays or hunting these days to keep things clean. A good move on Brownings part.

Thanks for the info

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.