Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I caught the Chinese Flu back in February and have been a physical wreck all year.

My #2 son stops by as he can after work to handle tasks that I can no longer do. I am getting better by the month but it will be another year before I am anywhere near "normal". I am no longer a young man!!

Anyhow, the wife and I have been trying to figure out what to get him for Christmas as he wouldn't think of taking cash payments.

So, I was going through a gun safe last week and noticed a Browning Citori 12 gauge that I haven't used since 2006 when I stopped my weekly skeet league. He borrowed it a few years ago for a day of Sporting Clays and really liked it.

I little Christmas wrapping and a bow or two and it should make up for all her work around the place.

Photo:
Brown Trigger Wood Air gun Shotgun

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Road Rat,

Great Christmas gift for a shooter, go for it! I have given good guns as Christmas gifts in the past also.
Merry Christmas sir.

All the best,

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. smith Man

·
Registered
26 Posts
Very cool thank you to your son. I concur with @Specklebelly that a handwritten note with the shotgun would be a nice treasure to have. I have my grandfather's first gun he ever purchased in 1947 and also cherish a stack of letters we traded back and forth in fountain pens over the years about his life.

Wish you well with your recovery. Both my grandfather and mother got extremely sick and had "long Covid" for over 6 months.

·
Registered
302 Posts
My dad bought a new Model 70 in .308 in 1967.

He gifted it to me in 1980 after he bought a Sako Forester in .243

Dad passed in 99 and I have had these guns since.

Couple of years ago, I had a master craftsmen engrave dad’s name, dob, and dod on these guns and gave them to my children.

My wife asked why I was gifting my father’s guns at my relative young age and I told her I was doing it on my terms, so they wouldn’t be fighting after I’m gone.

Getting to hunt with my children who are using their grandpa’s gun is a blessing. I have plenty other’s.

Having the guns engraved is my way of making sure they don’t sell them should they come on hard times. I learned that lesson the hard way.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Better than any cash or Amazon gift card he’ll really appreciate it because it came from you and it’s something that you had a long time and he will have hopefully for a long long time. Hope you get better real soon and get out on the skeet field yourself,

Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas

·
Registered
Browning CXS, Browning Ultra XS, Beretta A400, Beretta AL391
109 Posts
One year for Christmas, my Dad wrapped up his Remington 1100 and gave it to me. He had gotten to the age that he wasn’t hunting or shooting anymore! I that was a special gift that I still appreciate to this day!

I‘m sure your son will greatly appreciate the gift of your Browning!

·
Registered
8 Posts
As my father and I shared no common hobby interests this is a perfect idea and the letter idea would be the so called icing on the cake. In my world the heart felt letter would be the crown jewel of the package. I am sure your son would be moved by your gesture.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts