Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greatings All,
I have a delima on my hands here and am hopeing I can get some feedback from others here on the board.

Little background on me I have been shooting my XS Sporting in 12ga and 28" barrels now for awhile and like it very much, I shoot Skeet and 5 stand with it.

I would like to start checking out the smaller gauges for some upland hunting and to still shoot some skeet and 5 stand with them when not hunting.

I like the fit and feel of the Browning but past that with these particular models I dont know anything about them. I would like to get a 20ga and a 28ga both with 28" barrels, while looking at the Browning sight I see that I can get both gauges in the Lightning or I can get the combo 20/28 in the Lightning Feather.

I was looking at these over the XS and other Browning models becouse they will be easyer to carry around in the field (not as heavy) all day.

Well any feedback good or not as good would be greatly appreciated or any other sugjestions are very welcome.

Thanks in advance

Jeff

·
Registered
98 Posts
I can't answer your question as well as you'd probably like because I've now owned both guns, but I used to own a 12ga Lightning Feather w/ 26" barrels.

I hunt primarily on the Snake River breaks and the surrounding Palouse hills, so it was a great gun weight-wise, but that's open country, and it didn't fare so well on the follow-through department when shooting at quartering birds. I found the gun far too light in that regard, and the barrels felt whippy. I sold it to a grouse/woodcock hunter in the upper midwest who loves the gun in the woods.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts