Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,
I did it, today bought a Superlight Feather. 20 ***** with a 26 in barrel and it's my first Browning Shotgun. It is beautiful!!

Unfortunately I will not be able to go out and use it until the beginning of next week.

I plan to use it for skeet, and some Whitewing and Quail.

I have question though.

I bought some snap caps to use to dry fire my weapon. The instruction manual states that you can select to fire over or under first by switching the safety to the left or to the right (pretty simple system) and that once you fire your first round, the trigger will automatically reset so you can shoot your second shot without toggling on anything.

When I dryfire though, the trigger does not reset.

Since I have not fired the weapon, I do not know if one needs to fire the weapon for that action to occur.

Anyone?

·
Registered
337 Posts
I know this post is very old, but I've found that if I cycle the safety (push on then off) on my Winchester Supreme Sporting after dry firing the first barrel it will then fire the second barrel with the snap caps loaded. The Citori may be different, but if it works it sure beats hitting the gun to accomplish the task.

HTH -

L'duck <><

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Robalero,
Congratulations on your new Browning! I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.
About you buying it for skeet though, you may find the gun is so light (great for hunting when you carry it alot but don't shoot often) that the recoil from the high volume shooting might be excessive for you. I am a recoil wuss, load down both my 12 and 20 gauges even for my heavier target style guns, as I find recoil to be cummulative. My Citori Lightning Feather in 16 ga came with a hard plastic Browning buttplate, meaning no recoil pad! I shot it for a round of skeet one day in the summer shortly after I got it. Was wearing only shortsleeve t-shirt and let me tell you, that gun almost brought tears to my eyes. Don't forget your padded shooting vest or jacket if yours also has the hard plastic buttplate!
For your snap cap question, as previously stated the Citori's have inertia triggers, not mechanical. Therefore the recoil of the first shot sets the trigger for the second shot. To use the snap caps all you need to do is (of course keeping the gun pointed in a safe direction to do so) dry fire your first barrel, then toggle over to the second barrel and you can then dry fire it. No need to slap the gun to set the second trigger, just toggle the barrel selector over to it.
Have a safe and happy New Year.
Grousen

·
Registered
337 Posts
Robalero,

I guess I misread the date on your original post. Anyway, congrats on the Citori and I'm glad to hear cycling the safety resolved it for you. Have a happy and safe new year!!

Kind regards,

L'duck <><

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Grousen, thanks for the heads up on the kick. Yes, it does come only with a plastic plate on the butt and I will give it a try for skeet. I have already ordered a Browning vest, but will also order a pad (as I have a bad shoulder)

The Rem 870 in 12 ga. I use does kick a bit but my shoulder can handle it. I figure the Superlight Feather should kick about the same. If it proves to be too much for my shoulder, well... then what better excuse to buy me another gun. Who knows, maybe I'll try a sxs.

Once again fellas, thanks for all of your input and opinions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.