Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a used Citori xs sporting. The gun is in near new condition, with a couple of exceptions. When I assembled the gun, I noticed the flat part of the barrel lumps that are flush with the bottom of the frame have a few slight scratches and bruises (nothing on the frame itself though). I was wondering about the best way to touch these up, as they appear to be in the white and appear to be a ground or sanded finish. Any suggestions, as I do not want to change their profile or round the edges or corners of these lumps. Thanks!

·
Registered
144 Posts
It's only my opinion but... When I buy a used gun I now have a strict policy of leaving cosmetic blemishes alone for 6 months. I never cease to be amazed how most fade into insignificance by the end of this period. By this time the gun has usually acquired a few more 'character' marks anyway.

Bob

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have a Browning 425 that had the same scratches. I buffed them out with a jewelers compound. But now new scratchs have appeared. Seems they occur when the barrells are off during cleaning. I must get a pad for my work brench.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
This is very common on the Citori's, The best thing is to just leave them alone. I could buff them out of mine but they aren't really hurting anything and you will run the risk of rounding the corners. That would really look bad.

Bryan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.