Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So......what happens if/when I grind this nub off? I'm thinking this is the reason my 1100 Classic Trap will not fully eject a spent hull from time to time. I really don't need a built-in hull catcher; where I shoot, we don't get all excited if an empty flys nearby..just if it hits you. Rarely if ever happens.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Grinding the nub off should not adversely affect the gun.

However, if your gun is not fully ejecting empties, I would replace the barrel seal (o-ring) with a factory replacement for good measure.

I have both the Classic Trap and the Sporting 12 - no cycling problems. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
Is the nub electro-soldered, or pressed? If I could remove it (pressed) that is what I would do, then in the future replace it if need be. A good pair of vice grips and some patience, should get it out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nah..it's soldered. Kind of like a little blob weld. O-ring is brand new, but I'll replace it just because. Actually the 1100 only hangs up 1 out of every 100 or so and it is always with discount ammo (the 100 for $15 at Wal Mart, etc). I never have a problem with, say, Remington Nitro. Actually it seems the only ammunition that hangs up occasionally is Winchester AA. Federal feeds and ejects perfectly (even the 100/$15 type)
Moral of course is........stick with the Nitro and Federal, right??

·
Registered
234 Posts
Please see the recent post on 1100 ejecting problems for more information. If the gun is new and you are using Remington Gun Club target ammo with steel rims, you are looking in the wrong place for your ejection problems.
-L

1 - 6 of 6 Posts