Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is an off-chance I will be moving to Iowa later this year. I don't find much on-line in the way of shooting sports in that area.

How about some feedback from the Iowa shotgunners? Thanks

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Where at in Iowa? I live across the river, but have family and friends all over Iowa. If I don't know of anyplace, I'll have them look.

Rob

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Grendelrob,

Thanks for the comeback.

I will be in the general area of Iowa City or Cedar Rapids.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
We don't call them shooting sports out this way, we call them huntin. :p j/k

Call the local chamber of comerece for the town you are relocating to and they can give you the information you need. :)

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
5isalive,

Thanks for the links. I saw the Otter Creek link on ClayTargetsOnline.com but it did not provide any information.

Looks like I won't have far to drive for shotgun, rifle, and handguns!!!

Again, thanks.

ps. we just started getting the place here ready to turn over to a realtor and plan on getting back there during the school vacation (got a Grandson to transfer). I'll give you a yell when/if I get settled in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well, its not very close to Cedar Rapids but if you would ever happen to make it around Guthrie County, try Flyning B Ltd of Iowa. They have Sporting clay and trap as well as pheasant hunting and dog trials. Just a thought. Congrats on maybe comming to Iowa also. :D

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, the deed is done!

We just returned from a great road trip to Iowa and back.

Went to look at a home we found on the internet....bought it; in Mount Vernon, Iowa, and will be moving back there in June!

Can't wait to get back there and settled in the new place!!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
And here they say all you guys on the left coast ain't got no smarts. :shock: j/k Good to see you get back to the heart land. The pace out in these parts is so much easier to keep with.

If you ever decide to jump the boarder west, drop me a line and maybe we can chase up some birds.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gary,

Thanks for the welcome...I'll give you a yell after we get settled (probably next year!!).

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nguyenbq, thanks...........

I'm getting closer to moving. Leaving Kalifornia in two weeks and can't wait to get settled in my new home.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts