Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with clay target throwing machines. I wish to buy machine for personal, home use
as an alternative to traveling to shooting range.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I purchased a ProMatic Super 6 abour three months ago, I am very happy with it. Bird breakage in minimal, it is very easy to adjust spring tension and angle.
Wieghs 88lbs, even with the battery and machine bolted to the two wheel hand cart I can load it in the truck.
The only thing bad I can say was about the hand cart, I felt it was very tippy.I needed to get the overall machine height down to fit in truck with topper. I removed the axle system and made one to set the wheels at around 32" apart and mounted it directly to the main frame. This makes it much easier to move around the farm and lets me raise one side of the machine up farther for curling birds without worrying about tipping.
Very simple and well built unit and you never seem to hear any bad press on this brand.

FWIW
Brad

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have a Promatic Superhawk ($950), and I am very pleased. The Superhawk will throw 80-100 yards, and you can buy two other springs for different target speeds. I bought the trainer spring ($29) for my wife, and kid.

I would recommend the wireless remote ($150). I built a trailer myself ($60).

Buck,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts