Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this is the correct area to ask these questions.

I have been looking at Clay Throwers HOPPES, OTTERS, TRIUS and DO-ALLTRAPS. I have heard of the first three but the not the last one. I visited the do-alltraps.com site and the traps that I saw appeared impressive. they appear to be well built and versatile. The 2 year Parts and Labor warranty sound good.

WALLY WORLD is selling the single trap (PRO) for $99.00. They can't be bought from the factory.

I have heard of the first three but not the last one. My questions are:

Has anyone heard of this company?
Is the company good?
Does anyone own one?
Do you like it?

Any other information anyone can provide would be appreciated.

Thank you all in advance

GRO

G

·
They are real good traps. Of the names you mentioned they would be my pick. Depending on how many birds you are going to throw from it and what you want out of it you may want to look at other traps. But for simple informal throwing the Do-All's are decent.
These are a great deal more money but you can get many different arms for them and they are a nice trap.

http://www.sportrap.com/manual.htm
http://www.lincolntraps.com (they make some of the nicest!!)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Do-All Traps are a step up from the Otters and Hoppes traps. I did shoot a clays course once that used Do-All traps and was not impressed with thier ability to throw a consistant target. Lots of broken targets and rarely the same flight path. I have shot targets at several clays courses that used the Sportrap brand. These are excellent traps but are much higher in cost then the Do All brand.

It's like with most things you get what you pay for. You can buy and shoot a perfectly good Mossberg 500 pump or pay for a top dollar O/U. Both will break targets and kill game, it just depends on what you plan to do with it.

APEXDUCK

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
APEX and KAVALL,

Thanks for all the good info and the two different sites. I think I will keep stuffing the piggy bank and go with one of the sportrap models.
Thanks again.
GRO

G

·
If you are considering spending 450.00 on a Sporttrap , I would suggest you look at the Lincoln Traps. They are the premier manual trap and the choice of most courses. I have 6 Sprttraps and 8 Lincolns, two of which are the Lioncoln FAlcon which is a little lighter than the Lincoln SC-90 commercial trap. I would take the falcon over the sportrap.
If you are not going to be putting thousands of targets a week thru a trap, there is nothing wrong with the 3/4 cock Do-all double trap. I have one and for the money, I like it. It does throw consistent targets and does not break many at all. You can get one for about 320.00 including shipping and it will throw any style of presentation or any size target. Cams can be purchased separately and replaced unlike the sportrap which the makers require you to return to them for repair or replacement.
try this link
http://www.wholesalehunter.com/product/ ... hrow34.htm

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GoLincoln

Thanks for the input. I plan on throwing about two to three hundred a week. This is over and above what I shoot at the club. I am not and never will be one of the major competitors, I just go out for the fun of it. I am one of those guys that don't worry about it, if I hit it fine if not fine too I just like shooting. I do the same with my pistols and rifles. Although, I do like a one shot one kill for my ELK so I am more intense on my target practice .
Otherwise I just have fun shooting. :lol:
Thanks again
GRO

G

·
"Golincoln" made some very good points about the Sportrap. It is a decent trap for the money, but the Lincoln is in a class by it's self. My club owns 15 Sportraps, we have had them for three years now and we have lost 3 cams (or one way bearings) since then. I once read, though we have not tried it, that a large club was loosing a bunch of cams due to wear. They removed the oil fill and put a grease fitting in it's place and they haven't lost one since. It actually makes a lot of sense to me, but my club won't go for it. :roll: Every time we have replaced the cams we have had to send that part off, we don't bother shipping the whole trap due to the expense, however we still have to ship part of it. Other clubs use Lincoln's and have yet to have a single failure. My brother owns a Lincoln Falcon for his personal use. He has been throwing about 2000 birds a month for the last 8 months and he has yet to have a problem with his either. If I had the place to throw I would save for the Lincoln Falcon, it is very well made and uses parts that should be obtainable for MANY MANY years to come. Most of the parts are from other industries.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.