Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a long shot but anyone know about clay shooting ranges near Cedar Rapids or Iowa City Iowa? I'm planning to visit in October and if there's a public range I may take a shotgun. Mainly interested in 5 Stand or sporting clays. I've looked at claytargets.com but sometimes they don't list everything. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12,905 Posts
If you have a smart phone, download and install an app known as "Where to Shoot". It is free and published by the National Shooting Sports Foundation. All you have to do is type in the zip code or name of the location and up will come all of the shooting facilities in the area. Very cool.

·
Registered
12,373 Posts
October! What you are looking for would be Highland Hideaway which is a bit south of Iowa City and I believe one or two shoots are scheduled for October. But preserve season will be going on, they do have excellent habitat and birds, guides are available.
Two other possibilities that would take a bit of a trip would be the Dubuque Izaak Walton at Peosta or Bi State at Calona Illinois, just across the river and a short ways off of Interstate 80.
If you wish to slum on a Wednesday night after 7 go to the Anamosa Izaak Walton, just north of the 151 bridge and west of Hooter's bar and grill.
We will shoot a couple rounds of trap and then get a couple of personal machines out to work on sporting type targets. We are casual and there are just a few of us.

·
Registered
12,373 Posts
I really like Bi-State and they have gone to pull your own and know that they are in the entertainment business. So there is a mixture in the difficulty of presentations.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It may be a little drive for you but LITTLE FOX RIVER sporting clays is south of Cantril iowa and just across the iowa state line about a mile in Missouri. Dave is a great guy and changes the course weekly. The course is very nice and he keeps the grass mowed short. There is also 5 stand available. Here is his phone number 660 945 3922

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.