Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the first camo gun I've purchased and was wondering if cleaning the barrel and entire gun with solvent and oiling down afterwards will damage the camo in any way?
Thanks,
Machster

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Well the instructions say to wipe it down like you would with a non camo gun with Rem oil or simular. Mine seems to be flaking. Used a had full of times. Personally I think it has nothing to do with the oil. I believe it was factory ****** from the get go. Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I have a camo Remington auto. I haven't had any trouble with the finish except for normal wear on some of the edges that get banged around. I don't put anything on it to clean it. I wouldn't let any solvent get on it. I never use solvent anyway, just a little Remoil down the barrel and wiped out. On the one place the Remoil comes in contact with the barrel I haven't seen any damage. It is the easiest finish to care for of any shotgun I have ever owned.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.