Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres a true story:

i wake up at about 5 am to some ******* shining a light in my window. i have a trashbag over my window, but he was shining it through the crack. i grabbed my glock 21, and looked outside. it was a cop. i had my sawed off ithica 37 laying on a chair in my room. my mattress is on a boxspring and it sits on the floor with no bed frame. so i grab the shotgun and put it under the boxspring. all of my other weapons are legal, but i still didn't want them in my room for the sake of hassleing me, or finding the shotgun. i walk out of my room to see my sister talking to a cop at the front door. i ask what the problem is, my sister said she saw somebody in the house and run out, but instead of waking me up, her dumbass decides to call the cops. the cops say they need to look around the house, and they went in my room. they saw the sks leaning up against the wall and my glock 21. im 18 and they start giving me flack about the pistol thinking im ignorant of the law, i explain to them the law in our state, and put them in their place. they ask for permission to search the house "thouroughly". i tell them they already searched all the rooms and nobody was in them, so no. so the cop says "oh your not going to give me permission", i say "hell no". so now i have about 10 cops in my room taking pictures, then one starts getting a little too close for comfort, and lifts up my mattress. i say "what the hell are you doing, a person isn't going to be hiding under my mattress". he quickly put it down because he knew he didn't have the right to do that. they ran the numbers on the sks and glock 21. my 2 other legal shotguns were in the attic along with my bolt action .308. i really dont know how legal the sks is. i sawed off the grenade launcher and put a pistol grip stock and 30 round magazine on that i taped on and use stripper clips. there is some rule about not being able to take the grenade launcher off, without taking the bayonet off too, but cops are ignorant of the law. they saw some buckshot shells laying around and asked if i had a shotgun, i told them it was for the one in the attic. the numbers on the sks and pistol came back clean, and i proceeded to tell them to get their butts out.

i sold my rifle because they took a picture of it and i dont like them knowing what i have. thats why i always buy from private dealers. that just goes to show you, police never help, they're just here to hassle gun owners. also the moral of the story is, to know the law, your rights, and hope the cops dont. the situation could have easily been resolved if my sister would have just woken me. i would have came out with my sawed off, took any valuables he had on him and sent the gentleman on his merry way.

·
Registered
32 Posts
hope you never use your "sawwed off" shotgun for HD other whise you will really be screwed when they come to pick up the corpse and the shotgun. Merry chrismas by the way

Jesse

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if you ever kill someone in self defense or otherwise, it's not advisable to call the police, but rather try to cover your tracks. i know a guy who got 16 years in prison for self defense defending his family from a 14 yo gangbanger. the man was an ex-marine. i dont actually know him but i read about it, and the gun was legal, so weapon violations would be the least of my worries, hopefully i just have a shovel, and a few bags of lime handy, and it happens at night, if i ever have to shoot someone in self defense.

merry christmas to you also.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
All I can say is if you are worried when the police come to your place, you have problems.

Bob

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Good thinking on the mattress search deal. Your sister let them in the house, but a roomate situation is kind of iffy and they can't go thru all the rooms. I'm happy for your knowledge of the law in these matters. I live by the credo that the gov't is not your friend. You don't really need to leave too many guns laying around as you now know. I once had a cop run through my yard to jump the neighbors fence way back when and it kind of surprised me.

get rid of the sawed off..anybody can make one..they are not special- they are very illegal-not worth it.. your pistol will be good for inside work.

next gun you go to purchase...DON'T. Buy a small rifle safe and bolt it down in your closet instead. Tell the cops you forgot the combo if they visit ever again.

My thinking is the cops smelled a 4th amendment waiver (waiver of illegal search due to probabtion/parole) on you or knew they were gonna get you on illegal weapons before you thought quick and shut down the search. You learned a good lesson and didn't even have to get in trouble. Those cops are keeping a half an eye on you now so chill for awhile- at least that's what I'd do.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
I would lose the illegal sawed off, not worth the 10 year price it could get you. I have two legal ones and waiting on the paper work on another one, but I would never let a non papered class 3 gun on the property.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Get a full length barrel for that Ithaca. It isn't illegal to have a short barrel but it is illegal to have a short barreled shotgun without the proper papers. Your sister needs to learn how to deal with a situation like that. If someone was in the house and they wanted to harm you then you'd be dead while she was busy calling the cops. She should have woken you before anything else.

·
Registered
294 Posts
00 buckshot!!!

For what it's worth, given your youth and inexperience, please allow me to lay some real life education/ advice from a man who was once just like you. first of all, drop the sawed off like a hot potato and any other illegally altered firearm you have. You won't ever be able to use them for fear of the law, and just posessing them leaves you open to criminal charges. If you want a short barrel, put an 18" on a legal shotgun. Also, if you raise a cops 6th sense, there is a 100% chance they will try to find out why they have a little voice in their head telling them something aint right.
Now, if you are ever in the situation where you have to kill a man in self defense, NEVER try to cover up anything if you are in the right. the investigators who come out do this stuff every day. They know how to put a puzzle together to find the truth.
One last piece of advice given to me a long time ago:
If you are not doing anything wrong; you don't have to act like you are doing anything wrong. :wink:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Wow!
Confessing to a federal crime on an open forum. What the ^%$#^**^% are they teaching kids in school these days.

First off- lose that barrel fast (assuming it really exists and this isn't some kind of entertaining fantasy you're publishing).

Secondly- Why not just forget about guns until you mature (not provoking a personal attack- but yacking to the PD with a sawed-off under the mattress shows a serious lack of maturity and judgement) and just chase girls while you enter your freshman year at college. It will get you a lot further in life... killing a guy (BG or not) with an illegal weapon and then hiding the crime could likely get you life for that matter- or even worse if you're in TX.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes I agree with the above, Loose the illegal firearms. Forget about guns for a while. Get a baseball bat or something else without moving parts. You might want to think about getting a really loud alarm on four legs covered in fur. That'll wake you up for sure.

I've got 3 :)

·
Premium Member
20,026 Posts
Maybe I missed reading it, but I don't recall 00 Buckshot saying just how short the barrel really is. :? There is nothing illegal about sawing a portion of the barrel off........ just as long as the remaining portion is at least 18" in length.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
"so i grab the shotgun and put it under the boxspring. all of my other weapons are legal"

is a pretty good indicator

·
Premium Member
20,026 Posts
Banshee said:
"so i grab the shotgun and put it under the boxspring. all of my other weapons are legal"

is a pretty good indicator
It's only an indication of what he THINKS. He may or may not be correct in his thinking. 8)

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'd be thankful that the cops responded and cared enough to actually search my house and be concerned for the safety of the people in the house :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
00buckshot said:
that just goes to show you, police never help, they're just here to hassle gun owners. .
So I guess if the suspect would have raped and killed your sister while you slept, you would have done all the investigating and caught the guy your self.....since the cops don't help and only hassle gun owners, correct?

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
jeeeeeze...

i take a couple of days off from SGW and i miss some guy getting punted by the mod for the whole bayonet thing and now this "cops harass gunowners" thread...

one of the reasons i like this forum is the LACK of internal drama and the LOTS of great information shared by MATURE, RESPONSIBLE, KNOWLEDGEABLE and even COMICAL SG owners out there...

thankfully it was the MATURE, RESPONSIBLE, KNOWLEDGEABLE and even COMICAL SG owners that ponied up with their responses that made me feel at home for once on the 'net...

good job guys...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts