Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of joining my club's Wednesday night league. What kind of experiences have you guys had in club leagues, good or bad?

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
99.5% great... every once in a while, you run into a you-know-what... but those guys usually don't stick around, 'cause they don't seem to enjoy it - wonder why?

I don't know about your club, but shooting an open at my club, you get all kinds of advice (not solicited for the most part), and you get late pulls with the offer to pull the next one early so that they average out, along with suggestions that you give up the sport because you're a lousy shot, and you ain't gonna get any better. (These are guys with 24+ averages)

League skeet is a little more formal than open shooting. Shooting league, you get no advice unless you ask for it, and there's no kidding around. You will, however, be congratulated on a well-shot pair if you really grind 'em up.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I was in a club league this year, my first year shooting. There are all kinds of people, nice guys, jerks, etc., just like in anything. Some guys are very serious and practice and shoot 50s almost every week, some guys are there for fun. Overall it was a great experience and I am going to stay with it and also shoot ATA this coming year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.