Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
I've had several, from Storm to Cabelas to plain old Walls, I now use a lined/hooded windbreaker, another windbreaker over that and when it gets really cold, a rubberized windbreaker over that. All are way cheaper than a good coat, and by far warmer/thinner. Thin enough I don't have to change LOP, so I guess I am saying to layer as need be or at least try it, windbreakers are cheap.

·
Registered
112 Posts
For upstate New York, night winter skeet league, I'll recommend a Carhart denim chore coat over Walls zero zone overalls and a warm hat.

If you're freezing you won't concentrate on the target.

As far as south Texas... What coat?
Really, a chore coat was all I needed on the coldest day last winter.

keep your stick on the ice,
Bob

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
I have a Cabela's, it has thinsulate and gore tex. I like it because it is warm and waterproof but it is bulky at the shoulder area and makes a low gun mount a little more difficult. I may try a similar coat but a different style. Another thing I don't like about the coat are the pockets on the front, seem to be just "wrong" or too small and bulky when there are 25 hulls in one. There is no shell pouch on the back. The coat could stand to be a little longer too. Some times I will wear my mesh vest over the coat and that seems to help most problems but it is another layer of bulk.

Bryan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.