Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have recently bought a new miroku mk38 sporter, but find the comb a little low.
I have experimented , and think I need 5mm on comb.
Can anyone suggest a good simple way of raising the comb, that wll not spoil the gun? (thinking of pads ect)
Or do I need to bite the bullet and get a adjustable stock, or get stock bent?
Regards
Dave

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Could a stock man bend an extra 5mm at face?

A pad would be easiest. Replacing the current stock with a trap stock is an option. Replace with adjustable stock. Rebuild the comb with new wood (certainly an option if you can't find a new stock or don't want a custom made one).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, thanks for advice guys.
May look into adjustable comb.
Dont want to spoil gun as its a grade 5, so will have to find a good gunsmith.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I didnt relize you had a grade 5 .

Wood is to good to cut .Get a Precision Fit Stock from Vern .

The Browning one fits.All the adjustment you will ever need

Derek

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Dave,
I make adjustable combs, or others I would recommend are Simon the gunsmith at Doveridge ( very efficient fast turn round and fairly cheap) or John Wiseman of Wisemans of Cannock who I do believe fit the adjustable comb system that Alan Rhone used to do.
You all know that you can email me with any problems, happy to help. :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Salopian, thanks for reply.
Im not sure what to do really, Ive just bought this gun, new, and its a grade 5. Its the most ive spent on a gun and I hoped to keep it for a long time.
It just seems to low in the comb. Im not sure weather just to put a stick on comb raiser on to try the gun a bit more, or trade it back in for a trap gun or get adjustable fitted.
If I alter it then trade in, Im gonna be losing a bit of money.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Dave,
If we are talking raising the comb 1/8" then obviously we can use a kickeeze comb raising pad (adhesive) much more than this you really need to go to an adjustable or a trap stock, Gd5 Trap stocks are fairly readily available, so that is an option.Mount the gun in front of a mirror and see how much your eye aligns with the rib,( in your case I expect it to be low) but if you can see your pupil your not far away.
Maybe you have not given it enough time to settle with the gun, I don't know many people who can't get on with any Miroku.
We are not dealing with shoddy Italian products here you know :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You could be right Salopian,
I notice your profile says instructor. Which if any grounds do you instruct at? Maybe I get get a lesson next time Im in your area, and get some advice.
Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts