Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,501 Posts
That depends on alot of factors. What is the gauge of your B27? What do you intend to use the combo for? What caliber? How much are you willing to spend?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it is a 12 *****. I would like to covert one barrel to 243 or maybe 25-06.It might be more practical to just shot sabots or Buckshot. I would use it for deer. If I have to go larger or smaller to make it work posssibly. I would like to think it could be done for under 300.00. Think that is in the ballpark?

·
1,204 Posts
Since you can expect to pay (aprox) $250 to rust blue the barrel set when it is finished (the Belgium Brownings are soft soldered together), and the cost to simply fit the monoblock to your B-27 receiver can exceed $200, it would seem that you are off in your $300 estimate to turn your Browning into a combo gun. I would expect a finished barrel set to run closer to $2,500....You haven't mentioned what you might do to increase the strength of the Browning's single bolt lockup. This would be a good idea with the increased chamber pressure of the rifle calibers you've mentioned. Your $300 "estimate" won't even cover the cost of shipment and proofing of your new combo....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.