Shotgun Forum banner
201 - 217 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have only been a member for not quite two years and I read and learn mostly I don’t say much in person or on the computer. I have purchased a trap shotgun from a member here and have had great experience on this board. I also like the new format. Not that I was going to purchase or sell anything but I do find being restricted on the classified section a bit annoying. Thanks for allowing me to express myself and it will take me quite a while to get 50 posts. Thanks Jim

·
Premium Member
19,691 Posts
I know I can add forums to my favorites so they appear, but anyway to block the politics forum? It's useless ranting, bickering, BS unrelated to shotguns (and many times reality). I really don't know why these forums have a politics garbage pile anyway.... I don't read these but don't even care to see the topic thread either.

Also, how to view the active and unanswered posts like in the old forum?

Thanks!
I can explain WHY these forums have a Politics forum. It's to keep the political comments out of all the other forums.

Reactions: Harv Shell

·
Administrator
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #203 ·
I have only been a member for not quite two years and I read and learn mostly I don’t say much in person or on the computer. I have purchased a trap shotgun from a member here and have had great experience on this board. I also like the new format. Not that I was going to purchase or sell anything but I do find being restricted on the classified section a bit annoying. Thanks for allowing me to express myself and it will take me quite a while to get 50 posts. Thanks Jim
It has actually been updated to a minimum of 25 posts.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
19,691 Posts
Which forums do you visit the most?

·
Registered
11,240 Posts
I got a message from another forum member that they cannot see my quote. My saved quote shows up on my end whether I am logged in or not.
Perhaps this is a matter of the other forum members's " show quote" feature being turned off, or it it something else?

Well I gotta ask while I'm at , is there a signature quote beneath my posts?

·
Premium Member
19,691 Posts
Here, Trap shooter, fcsa, accurate shooter to name a few mostly read and learn
Well, perhaps you could find a few topics of interest here to contribute to. I'm not suggesting "garbage posting" just to run up your post count, but anyone interested in shotguns and clay target shooting should be able to find something of interest to discuss. Besides, the fact that you've been here for nearly 2 years, although not posting much, should count for something.

You mentioned the classifieds. Do you do a lot of gun trading?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I got a message from another forum member that they cannot see my quote. My saved quote shows up on my end whether I am logged in or not.
Perhaps this is a matter of the other forum members's " show quote" feature being turned off, or it it something else?

It says, "As a system of governance, ...". I can see it.

·
Registered
11,240 Posts
Thanks you's much. The other member will get it.

Reactions: CMGAdmin

·
Administrator
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #211 ·

If a user has their preferences set to the default they will see collapsed signatures as in the example below for them. (They can click to see more.)

If a user has their preferences set to always show expanded signatures it will look like the example below for them. Your image can be clicked to view full size.

If you want to adjust your preferences for signatures you can click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select account settings.

In the left side navigation, you will see an option for preferences. Click it.

Scroll down to content options and select your signature preferences.

- Cricket

·
Registered
588 Posts
Click On NEW in the upper right-hand corner of the site. You will see tabs to click.
View attachment 35635
  • Popular =Active Posts
  • Looking for Replies = Unanswered Posts
We one day hope to have an option to block a forum section and/or thread.

For now, we do have a bit of a workaround if it is important to you.

How To Filter New Posts To Only Display Specific Section(s)

You can accomplish this by setting a custom default filter on the new posts page.

Step 1 Navigate to the specific forum you want to focus on and click "Follow Forum".

Step 2 From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on NEW.

This will open a new page of new posts for you. On the new page, click on filters.

Now you can adjust the filters to work for your personal preferences, such as the example above and save it as the default.

Make sure to click the "filter" button to save it, at the bottom.

- Cricket
Thanks!! This is what I was looking for but couldn't figure it out. I appreciate your help!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
There is no opt-out button. You can simply choose not to use it, if you wish.

Unfortunately, that is part of the quote feature, and cannot be disabled.

- Cricket

In that case, I SUGGEST that the Reactions be removed forum wide. It is not a useful feature here. This is a technical forum. Someone posting their own experiences and opinion and agreeing or disagreeing, that is useful. Thumbs ups- that is for sites posting pictures of cats and butterflies, or politics.

If that balloon quote/reply is so important, then I SUGGEST to make it right click activated, as context menus have been for the last 25 years.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Nope, that is not a viable option. If you want to state your opinion as to how the quote should be, it will be fine to do it outside the quote in your own words.
Such as, "It's my opinion that you should have posted (Your suggested content goes here) rather than what you did post. It makes more sense to me and possibly others in that manner."
It's my opinion that your suggested method is rude and derogatory to the OP, whether you intended for it to be or not. If I am old fashioned, so be it!
Everyone should read this periodically to refresh their memory.

Curly
I'll learn to live with some old fashioned rules to be able to participate in this great forum. I like this new software, by the way.

·
Administrator
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #216 ·
Please note that this forum (Announce/Suggest/Feedback) has moved to the Forum Support category, directly above the Off Topic Discussions category.
Font Screenshot Technology Electronic device Display device

As always, you can choose which forum you keep at the top.

How To Keep Your Favorite Forum Sections at the Top
My Followed Forums

For sections of the community that have special importance to you, go to the forum section and click "Follow Forum".

You will see a list of options open for your preferences. Add a checkmark to your preferred options. Click Follow at the bottom.

Your Followed Forums will display at the top of the full Forum Listing page.

- Cricket

·
Registered
1989 Citori Trap, 30”, standard stock . . one gun for everything
162 Posts
I really like the new format, very easy to navigate and use, and much cleaner modern look.

201 - 217 of 217 Posts