Registered
21,752 Posts
Probably, I don't care for this setup.

cdb

Reactions: birdhunter39

·
Premium Member
19,689 Posts
Click on the 3 vertical dots to the far right of the timestamp. Select “Edit”.

Members have unlimited editing of new posts for the first 24 hours after posting. Up to 10 existing posts (older than 24 hours) may be edited per week. More editing will be allowed as each of those 10 edits expires every 7 days.
That sounds like a pretty generous editing policy. Generally, any editing that I would want to do is within the first hour after I post something. On a rare occasion, I might discover a mistake or omission the next day. VERY RARELY would I want or need to edit something a week later.

I can't even imagine anyone wanting/needing to edit 10 different posts that are older than 24 hours in any 7 day period. JEEZ, they need to learn to proofread their posts both before and after posting. If they do that, there will seldom be a mistake that slips through the cracks.

OTOH, if they are just editing to make someone else's later post look bad, then that's just plain wrong, IMO, and shouldn't be allowed. Granted, there have been a few times when I posted something, and then a half hour later decided to re-word it to make it less harsh or less critical sounding, but it certainly doesn't take me a week to do that, and it certainly doesn't happen 10 times in a week.

·
Administrator
23,244 Posts
That sounds like a pretty generous editing policy. Generally, any editing that I would want to do is within the first hour after I post something. On a rare occasion, I might discover a mistake or omission the next day. VERY RARELY would I want or need to edit something a week later.

I can't even imagine anyone wanting/needing to edit 10 different posts that are older than 24 hours in any 7 day period. JEEZ, they need to learn to proofread their posts both before and after posting. If they do that, there will seldom be a mistake that slips through the cracks.

OTOH, if they are just editing to make someone else's later post look bad, then that's just plain wrong, IMO, and shouldn't be allowed. Granted, there have been a few times when I posted something, and then a half hour later decided to re-word it to make it less harsh or less critical sounding, but it certainly doesn't take me a week to do that, and it certainly doesn't happen 10 times in a week.
Hah, surely you don't think that very many of our users take any time to proofread their postings. I can guarantee that ain't happening.
If people quote a post and then edit it within the quotes, that is a banning or suspension offense and will not be tolerated. This is a hard rule and has been in place since before I ever posted on this board. I have had to use in a light manner on several people that did it innocently. More severely on several that done it in a malicious manner.

·
Registered
24,350 Posts
Wonder if that canadian owner is monioring who owns what? The bought a lot of gun forums in the last 2 years.
They bought most of the outdoor forums, let alone gun forums

·
Registered
26 Posts
Love the new format. Will hang around a lot more. Could not tolerate the old system at all. Glad this was done.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hah, surely you don't think that very many of our users take any time to proofread their postings. I can guarantee that ain't happening.
If people quote a post and then edit it within the quotes, that is a banning or suspension offense and will not be tolerated. This is a hard rule and has been in place since before I ever posted on this board. I have had to use in a light manner on several people that did it innocently. More severely on several that done it in a malicious manner.
Interesting to learn that Curly. I almost always modify what is between the quotes on trapshooters.com in order to focus on the part of the original post I'm responding to. Let me give you an example. You have the above entire quote and below just the part I'm responding to.
...If people quote a post and then edit it within the quotes, that is a banning or suspension offense and will not be tolerated....
Isn't the second one clearer in terms of what I'm responding to? I do this for clarity sake and am never malicious, always on topic. Do I get a pass or must I comply? I don't mind complying, I just need to know.

·
Administrator
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 ·
Interesting to learn that Curly. I almost always modify what is between the quotes on trapshooters.com in order to focus on the part of the original post I'm responding to. Let me give you an example. You have the above entire quote and below just the part I'm responding to.

Isn't the second one clearer in terms of what I'm responding to? I do this for clarity sake and am never malicious, always on topic. Do I get a pass or must I comply? I don't mind complying, I just need to know.
There may be an easier way to quote just the part you are replying to. :)

Check the Added Notes in this tutorial.

How To Quote

When you see a post that you want to quote, click the reply button on that post. It will automatically add the quoted content to the content area where you can add your reply/comments following the code.

How To Multi-Quote

Step 1
: Click the multi-quote icon at the bottom of each post that you want to quote.

Step 2: Scroll down to the text editor where you are going to write your post. Click "Insert Quotes".

Step 3: A small window will pop up for you to verify (or delete) quoted content that will be added to your post. Click "Quote messages".

Final Step: The quoted content will automatically be added to the text editor.

Add your comments and click to post your reply.

Added Notes: You can multi-quote from more than one discussion thread in the forum. You can also simply highlight the part of the text you want to quote. A small popup will allow you to choose the multi-quote option using just the selected content.

- Cricket

·
Registered
463 Posts
A member who joined and posted 8h ago resurrected an eight-year-old thread. It started me thinking about the default search option in Advanced Search - it's set to Sort By Most Relevant. I learned this on other forums using this platform. Is there a way to change the default? Certainly, as seen in my snip, posts between 5 and 15 years old are probably not "most relevant" except to computer codes.
Rectangle Yellow Font Parallel Screenshot

Reactions: oneounceload

·
Registered
463 Posts
I posted a test in Sporting Clays to see what Most Relevant in the search engine might be. As seen below, this search on the word "fitasc" became most relevant.

Change the Sort By to Most Recent to see, perhaps, more meaningful results.

MODS: Don't taze me, Bros.

Rectangle Font Material property Screenshot Multimedia

·
Administrator
23,244 Posts
Simply using the feature available to you is not an issue. :)

- Cricket
The intention of that rule is to simply keep those that might quote any part of the message from altering the intent or meaning of the original. Changing one or more words can make the message intent completely reverse.
I encourage for someone to quote a part of the post as long as the original intent remains intact. If formatting of the quote is changed to provide emphasis or clarity, that will be fine.

Reactions: CMGAdmin

·
Premium Member
11,275 Posts
I for one really like this new software and the Dark mode is a WINNER IMO :)

·
Registered
24,350 Posts
I for one really like this new software and the Dark mode is a WINNER IMO :)
Yep, the Dark Mode is awesome for my eyes, not so much glare

Reactions: CMGAdmin
161 - 180 of 217 Posts