Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
5,362 Posts
Most sporting CGs can be ordered in Ascent configuration, but if you're wondering about other makes then this is the wrong sub forum. Try Shotgun Opinions.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The ascent keeps going up in price. It’s around 5200 now from most places. It seems CG is realizing how much their exceptional service model costs and is adding it back to the price of the gun but I may be wrong. It seems the Joel Etchen All Around Gun gets you the MC stock but it’s a flat rib. The Zoli Z-Sport MR seems comparable but is 2400 more than a summit ascent.

· Registered
191 Posts
I'm sure you meant "makes" originally. Just having a little word fun is all.

By the bye...I own two CG's, a 28 ga summmit limited and an Invictus M-Spec...both are flat ribbed and not the config you are after but I am very pleased with the quality of both of these guns and shoot them well. I believe in CG's promise and would encourage you to purchase one if the gun fits and feels right once you try one.

I sold a Zoli Z-Sport 12 ga to make way for the M-Spec. Not one minute of buyers remorse.

· Registered
1,019 Posts
I took my CG Summit Ascent with me when I was considering a Krieghoff buy. The dealer measured it head to toe and recorded the critical dimensions. I tried the various configurations of K80’s and settled on a K80 Sporter as the one that felt best to me. Then we compared my CG’s dimensions to the K80 Sporter. They were VERY close. While it’s not as apparent, the K80 Sporter has about 2 mm more rib height than the flat ribbed Parcours. So, if you are looking for something similar to the CG Ascent, try the K80 Sporter.

· Registered
7,580 Posts
The ascent keeps going up in price. It’s around 5200 now from most places. It seems CG is realizing how much their exceptional service model costs and is adding it back to the price of the gun but I may be wrong. It seems the Joel Etchen All Around Gun gets you the MC stock but it’s a flat rib. The Zoli Z-Sport MR seems comparable but is 2400 more than a summit ascent.
The "free" pit stops aren't free. They are merged into the price of a new gun.

· Registered
1,019 Posts
The "free" pit stops aren't free. They are merged into the price of a new gun.
All manufacturers include customer service in their prices. What you don’t want is a gun with poor (or no) customer service priced in. If you are a sporting clays shooter, your shot volume will be high enough that eventually you will need service. Ask around. Some of the popular (and expensive) brands have embarrassingly poor customer service and/or response times. In my experience, Guerini is only bettered by Krieghoff. Just my $0.02 worth.

· Registered
7,580 Posts
All manufacturers include customer service in their prices. What you don’t want is a gun with poor (or no) customer service priced in. If you are a sporting clays shooter, your shot volume will be high enough that eventually you will need service. Ask around. Some of the popular (and expensive) brands have embarrassingly poor customer service and/or response times. In my experience, Guerini is only bettered by Krieghoff. Just my $0.02 worth.
The only problem is Guerini doesn't sell parts. You can't fix problems yourself. Instead you have to ship the gun in.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have heard great things about Zoli USA service as well. Kind of narrowed down to CG summit ascent or Zoli Z-Sport MR. Good customer service is definitely nice and important to me. But I do not shoot a super high volume so it does not weigh as heavy for me as those who shoot a ton

· Registered
5,362 Posts
Yep. And they will usually fix it free and have it back to you in about 14 days. Try that with Browning, Beretta, … etc.
Not anymore. They are much further out than that.
I think dear old lt0026 (aka Mr Cheerful) would probably choke to death before he could make a favourable comment about CG...:ROFLMAO:

· Registered
5,362 Posts
The subtitle to this forum says: "For Guerini lovers only". That doesn't really include you now does it?

Your opinion of CG is whatever it is but perhaps you could see your way clear to bashing the brand somewhere else.

· Registered
160 Posts
Not anymore. They are much further out than that.
Maybe it depends on what work you need done, but that was not my experience. My gun was just returned after less than two weeks for some minor warranty work. They answered the phone every time I called and a gunsmith called me to personally explain the work they did. I’m not aware of any other gun manufacturer that offers that level of customer service.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts