Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this has been covered in another set of posts, please direct me to it but the search engine only gives about 21 pages for my query.
Anyway, is there a set of directions for complete disassembly of a citori anywhere? Well, I guess not total disassembly but how I can get inside the receiver to clean? I consider myself pretty proficient with semi autos, both long guns and pistols, but I'd hate like heck to make a mistake and have it cost me
1. $$$
2. Time
3. A chance to shoot because I am spending time and $$$ to get it fixed.
BTW, I know that you need a special set of screwdrivers for the thin flathead screws on the forearm, but are there any special tools required for the receiver on back to the stock?
Thanks in advance, I really enjoy the forum.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
All you need is a slotted screwdriver with a long shank to get the stock off. Once the stock is off, do not do any further disassembly. You should be able to do as much cleaning as you need with just the stock off.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Phil in MO said:
Not to hijack the thread, but I have a related question. Once the stock is off, can you soak the whole trigger assembly in kerosene? Then lube with gun scrubber, Rem oil etc..
Yes, but do not coat with gun scrubber. Gun Scrubber is a solvent and once it dries it will leave the gun totally devoid of any lubricant and very susceptible to rust. Rem Oil will work well but spray it on and let it drip dry for a day or so before putting the stock back on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.