Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone use a compression butt plate on your shotgun? I like to install a GraCoil compression plate on my Browning "Citori" 12 ga. I like to hear from any shooter before pay to have it done. :)

·
Premium Member
20,410 Posts
I had a Gracoil installed on one of my O/U's. I think it helped reduce recoil some, but perhaps not as much as I thought it would. Actally, if a person shoots sensible loads and has a good recoil pad, I'm not too sure the compression butt stocks are worth the money. Perhaps if you shoot heavy loads all the time, they would be worth it. I think it was Rod's Custom Guns in Ohio who installed mine. He did a good job and quick turn around time. Cost was close to $300 as I recall.

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
If you have normal recoil tolerance, before buying a Gracoil, you might consider checking how well the dimensions of your stock fit your physique and shooting style. (More than half of the shooters with off-the-shelf guns, are using guns that don't fit them. Objectionalbe recoil is near the top of the list of problems.)

Visiting a professional stock fitter is the quickest way to learn if your shooting form and stock dimensions are correct. If you can't do that, you could click on the link below and find out how you can learn about stock fitting, fit your own gun and check your shooting form for $14.

http://stockfitting.virtualave.net

Rollin

·
Super Moderator
2,452 Posts
I have not shot one, but they are very common in trap competition. You might get some recommendation from somebody at the trapshooters.com message board.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.