Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to locate the Browning Gold FLD Hunter in 12 gauge with a 28 inch barrel. All of the shops within 100 miles of the greater New Orleans area have told me the same thing...That being, that none of their distributers carry that particular shotgun any longer. I called Browning myself, and they confirmed the fact that production had been stopped on the Gold Superlite FLD Hunter in the beginning of 2007. I am once again disappointed. It looks like I'm going to have to settle for the standard Superlite. Have any of you noticed a difference between the (standard) Superlite Hunter and the Superlite FLD?

**No thanks, I don't want the Silver FLD. It looks cheap.**

·
Registered
73 Posts
I read this post and then called my old standby Browning dealer...he had no Gold FLD 20 or 12 in stock. I was considering getting one in 20ga. for pheasants. He said Browning is going more with the Silvers and that the Golds only took up 2 pages in the 2008 catalog.

I called Browning Cust Service, and they said you could get a 20 ga. Silver in '08 and the the entire Gold line (with the exception of sporting clays models) has been dropped for 2008. OUCH!

I like the looks of the silver, but it doesn't have speed loading like my old A5 (Gold does). Looks like I better get my Gold MOBU slug barrel before they discontinue all together!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts