Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a catalog today from Connecticut Shotgun Company, announcing their new RBL - 28ga.. It is priced a bit higher than their introductory model--$3,650 plus options, and you can save $200 if you pay for it in cash. It looks interesting. What do you guys think? Have you seen any of their guns with the "standard" grade 2X wood? Does this seem like a good investment? I have to admit that I am tempted....

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
I darned near ordered a 20 gauge, but already had a 20 gauge Beretta SP II that weighed the same, same barrel length, etc. and it sits in the safe most of the time while I shoot my heavier target guns.

When the 28 showed up, I melted. I ordered mine on November 1. Straight grip, splinter, double triggers, 4X wood upgrade, 28" barrels, choked the same as listed for the 26". I don't know what I'll use it for, but I can't wait.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Are they even half done delivering their 20's yet?

I sold my place in line for the 20 I had on order...my delivery was moved back twice.

We'll see when they come out with a 16...then maybe I'll jump in line again.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Has anyone ever seen their their 2X premium walnut that they use as "standard"? Does it have any visible grain in it/is it acceptable? Or, would one be better served by upgrading? Also, the chokes on the 26" barrels seem to be pretty open--is this practicle? If I buy one of these guns, I do plan to use it often.

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
The link provided by Claysmoker describes the degree of "fancy" on each of the grades.

I'm think'n hard about this, but I don't know what I would use it for, as I already have a couple of 28s that just as nice. I wish is was available in 12ga.

The open chokes are perfect for shooting over a "good" dog.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts