Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,
I must say that I have really enjoyed reading the Spanish Gun forum very much. I am now considering purchasing a Ugartechea Grade I 12ga or a Grade II 20ga. Your opinions are welcomed. It now interesting with the come back of the SxS for bird hunting. I grew up using a SxS in south Texas where everybody would dove hunt. I also remember that all the poor kids usually had the old sxs hand me down shotguns and all the rich kids would be using there O/U. Boy!!!! I would do anything to have my old Sear's Model 100(AYA).

·
Registered
903 Posts
Blue: Native Texan here also. Just got an AyA 4/53 w/ upgrd wood in 28 gauge. Do not forget your roots, look at the AyA's, I am learning to LOVE mine, the second trigger is not yet automatic, but I am knocking down quail, what's not to like. Really dig these little guns!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mark: Its been a real struggle for me. I do like the AYA's. If I go that route I am going to have to sell a few of my O/U's. I also have a boss who hunts with guns from Connecticut Shotgun Company. So, the pressure is up. I think I should ask him for a raise!!!!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hi Mark,
Sounds like she shines for you, I'm glad you are getting out to enjoying your new toy. I saw your other post about stock oval engraving. You may try your local jewlery stores, most of them offer hand engraving service. Or, any gun engraver can do it for a small fee, turn around may be a little longer though.

Blue,
I 2nd the AYA if $$ is not an issue. I don't think there is a need
to impress your boss with a fancy shotgun as he knows how much you make anyway. However, afield with a classy double shows you have good taste and says a lot about your charitor, I believe an optimistic report is always good to have with the boss : )
Buzz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.