Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I was just watching that " To Catch a Predator" special that Stone Phillips does where they bait in child molestors over the internet. They got a police officer from Alabama to take the bait. (I almost wonder if it wasn't a set up.) He was armed to the teeth with an AR, a shotgun and several handguns. Whatever. The thing that caught my attention was when they made a point of saying that the ammo was "hollow point cop-killer ammunition designed to penetrate bullet proof vests." Hollow points are the opposite of ammo designed to penetrate. They are designed to expand in soft tissue, thereby transferring their energy to the target. Handguns in general, lack the velocity and energy to penetrate ballistic vests, regardless of bullet design. Cop-Killer bullets is a media phrase that they use because the vast majority of people learn about guns from television, movies and video games.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.