Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I just recently bought an M2 Max-4 gun for goose hunting, and so far I love it. I really like the looks of the Cordoba and am thinking about picking one of those up too. My question is this, is there enough difference in the two guns to justify going out and buying the Cordoba? I would mainly use it for doves, as we like our dove hunting here in NC. I have heard that due to the ports in the barrel, the gun recovers fairly quickly for second and third shots, which is important for me if I'm behind the trigger shooting at doves. I really don't want to go out and spend the $1,400.00 if there is not really any difference in the guns. Thanks in advance, and happy shooting.

·
Registered
13,099 Posts
I don't think porting makes much of a difference.
The Cordoba has a longer and thinner forearm and holds five shells total to the M2's four. The M2 can take a magazine extention and the Cordoba can't. The Receiver on the Cordoba is a two piece much like the SBE's. The M2 has a better safety shape and size. The Cordoba has the same magazine tube as the Monte which is a lot harder to clean the inside off without taking it off the gun.
They are pretty similar with a little different feel mostly due to their forearms.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts