Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have been reloading Steel shot for several years now....I use a MEC 600jr, BPI Multi metal hulls w/primers, Alliant Steel Powder, BPI Multi Metal wads, and BPI Steel shot....I also use a Universal Charge bar, and a powder baffle....I have had great success with the loads, and while it may not save me much $$$ if any, I enjoy reloading, and knowing that I did everything myself that was involved in killing the ducks/geese.....As for deviation in the shot/powder charge during the reloading process with the universal bar, I see very little.....

Initial cost if you have none of the tools and components is going to be rather significant....I would estimate between $300-$500 just to get everything.....Some people say you have to factor in your time that you will spend reloading, into the cost as well, but I say BULL!!! All I would have been doing was sitting on my butt watching Sportscenter or a hunting show!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Nasty, I have to agree that the 1 oz. load at 1500-1600fps is an AWESOME load!! I like it in 1's and 2's.....My problem is that I very seldom have a chance to use it...I love that load on close ducks (i.e. flooded timber and pothole's in the marsh), However, the bulk of my hunting seems to be over bigger water, and flooded fields where the ducks just don't want to get up close and personal....Only get to use them when I go out to Kansas in Nov, and late season flooded timber in Southern IL.....

BTW....I am STRONGLY considering loading some Hevishot....Anyone have any favorite recipes that they would like to share??? 2.75 and 3 in. loads....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts