Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to purchase a new O/U and its a toss up between the Yildiz, Condor Supreme, Baikal/Spartan. I am leaning toward the Yildez because they seem a little easier to come across at Academy. Two things: Does the manual safety bother anyone? Seems the auto safety would be "safer", Also are the screw in chokes readily available? I have heard the sum winchester chokes fit the Stoeger. Thanks in advance.
Allen

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, driver
My opinion of the the auto safety is about the same, safe handling comes first, but it couldn't hurt to have that extra "backup". I did notice the Y-guns came with more chokes than the other brands metioned, but while I'm there I'll give the Briley chokes a look.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tbaus, is see your point but I was raised "on guns" too and it was always beaten into my head that "if your finger wasn't on the trigger the safety better be on". Granted it does take more clicking while target shooting to click it on before reloading, but that was the reasoning behind my question. By no means would I rely on the auto safety only BTW.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.