Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Cracker-Jack Southern Arms Co. 12 ***** shotgun.Iwas wondering if you had any info on it.It is a single shot .

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
The info I have on Cracker Jack is it's a trade name used by the J. Stevens Arms and tool co on pistols.

The info I have on Southern Arms co is , made by Crescent(some models) for H.D. Folsom for an unknown retailer.

The (some models) is key here, It would be a safe bet to say that Stevens made some of the shotguns for the Southern ArmsCo. (which would be a store brand much like J.C. Higgins as for Sears).

My best guess is that your Shotgun was actually a restamped Stevens, possibly a 94 like this http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976341128.htm but it's hard to say for sure since there were a plethora of these old single shots.

Your best bet on a close ID would be to periodically look at the Auction sites, not many of these old singles end up there but it's a chance.

There are two other options, one would be the name of the steel they used like "Armory Steel".

there aren't by chance any belgian proofmarks on it are there? The (some models) could mean that way too.

Hope this helps or atleast gives you a good direction to look.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
marlands
Thanks for the info.The shotgun looks like the one on the gunsamerica auction,except this one is nickel plated.The only markings i can find are a number on the trigger guard 95907.And what looks like leaves or a flower engraved on a latch on the side.A friend was tearing down a old house and found the gun inside the wall.Do you have a idea on how old the gun might be and a value.

Thanks

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Best guess and it's strictly a guess is 1930 + or -

These old single shots generally bring $50 for average condition, not to say that is some regions they don't bring more and other areas less.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.