Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What material are they using in the shot shells? I put some high brass Federal in my belt a couple of day,s ago, and now there not fit to look at,the brass is all tarnished,boy this is shocken, If I don,t shoot them soom,I,m afraid they may desinagrate, One thing for sure, They an,t no C.I.L. Imperial and das for sure.

·
Registered
38 Posts
ifin they are in a leather belt that will happen no matter who made the shell. just shoot them and they will be fine!!! ifin you dont like it dont store them in a leather belt!

·
Registered
488 Posts
grousehunter49 said:
What material are they using in the shot shells? I put some high brass Federal in my belt a couple of day,s ago, and now there not fit to look at,the brass is all tarnished,boy this is shocken, If I don,t shoot them soom,I,m afraid they may desinagrate, One thing for sure, They an,t no C.I.L. Imperial and das for sure.
Dey no fit to look at because yous got the sweat on da shells and dat fo sho make dem tarnish shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit mofo dat why you be shocken! :shock:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I,m not around salt water, I give that up years ago good thing to these shells woul,nt servive all the salt, The most gripe I got with the shell bases is you cant leave them in your belt to long, or they get tarnished and corroded. They never years ago, I ,ve got old Imperals over 20yr old in belts ,just like new.

·
Registered
11,069 Posts
Cheaper shells don't have the "protection" of a lacquer layer over the brass, and it's NOT brass, it's brass-plated steel on most MODERN shells of recent manufacture.

Only buying more expensive target loads do you get a "real" brass base to the shell.

So don't complain - just don't keep them in a belt or bandoleer for very long! or what do you want to do - look like Pancho Villa??
(Sorry, couldn't resist!)

BobK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.