Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
You need to be a little more specific. Does the the USH
use an SB-1 shotgun or an SB-2 rifle receiver ? I think it
might be the 10 ***** shotgun receiver SB-1 in which
case the only other barrel might be the 10 GA barrel.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I don't believe there is anyone producing a custom barrel for the masses. Wayne York of Wayne's Gunsmithing in Oregon, is one of the more popular and successful gunsmiths who will re-chamber/re-bore doner barrels for the NEF/H&R, but I cannot recall reading of anyone who contracted for a custom USH barrel.

Much info regarding his work and contact info can be obtained at www.GraybeardOutdoors.com. Look for the NEF/N&R Rifle Forum and go to the FAQ sticky.

While the USH frame is listed as a SB2 (as is the rifle frame) it is manufactured differently and cannot withstand the pressures of centerfire rifle calibers. The 12 ga. USH frame is also wider than other NEF/H&R frames to accomodate the 10 ga. barrel and will not be able to to accomodate standard diameter barrels. At the moment, I cannot recall if the 20 ga USH frame offers the same dimentions as the 12 ga. Either way, care and caution must be used when planning a replacement barrel.

:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.