Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great sight! This is my first post.
I've been thinking of having my 1100 converted to a custom combat shotgun. Who would you guys recommend to do such work. I found Scattergun, are there any others? Thanks in advance.

G

·
Why not do it yourself. I didn't want to mess up my nice 1100 trap gun, so I bought a used 1100 for around $300. $200 more for add ons and mine will do anything a Wilson $1500 model will do. Brownells and others sell, stocks, oversize safety, ghost ring sights, speed loading lever, etc. Bought a special metal cutting fiber blade for the miter saw($4) and cut the barrel back to 20", that makes it even with an 8 shot extension. Refinished with Brownell's Alumihyde II.

I don't check this forum regularly so my e-mail is [email protected]

·
Registered
3 Posts
i'm specifically interested to hear if anyone knows of a folding stock being made for the rem 1100. i'm building a camp defense weapon outta my 'cosmetically challenged' 1100, and having a folding stock would sure make packing it along a whole lot easier...

thx in advance....

G

·
Anonymous said:
BRAVO to trombone.

I only have one question.

Did you have to enlarge the gas port?
:lol:

I opened them a very little bit but still get a failure to pick up and feed sometimes. I need to experiment more. I may open up the ports just a little more. Has anyone tried putting a newer model gas ring on an 1100? I hear it works better with the new model?

I also just added the side saddle ammo carrier, the extended bolt handle,and front side sling ring from brownells. Refinished with Alumihyde II olive drab with the black plastic youth stocks.
the little shorter stock makes it come up faster. Very handy. Used it on the local woods walk course. lots of fun.

G

·
rbernie said:
i'm specifically interested to hear if anyone knows of a folding stock being made for the rem 1100. i'm building a camp defense weapon outta my 'cosmetically challenged' 1100, and having a folding stock would sure make packing it along a whole lot easier...

thx in advance....
I have never seen on for the 1100 as the recoil spring goes into the butt stock. I have heard of custom conversions to move the recoil spring forward for combat guns. This would allow for a folding stock but may be illegal like that being a semi auto.

·
Registered
75 Posts
There are people who can trick out your 1100 for a lot less than $1500.

Check out my web page for some examples of my work and see my "About Us" page for my credentials.

The part of my background that pertains to this forum is I was the head gunsmith for Scattergun Technologies before they were bought out by Wilson. Berryville, Ar didn't appeal to me.

Thanks,
Lee
http://www.thearmsroom.com

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like Trombone's do it yourself idea. :D Anyone have idea's on where to get all the parts?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, what you doing with a shotgun??? Just sold my NIB Rem 870, and was also considering an auto, but was looking at the 20 ga. Buddy has a tricked out Benelli and Franchi combat shotguns, but beyond my budget. Low on funds and might have to get one of them AK's in 20 ga. Buddy said he can get them for $165+shipping. Not a Remington, or other better guns, but might be affordable for me. New at this site too, and will need to do more searches on it. Let me know when you get a new toy! Jack told me he can modify the 11-87 easily, and make it work with the short barrel.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've had the 1100 for a while. I have a 22" barrel with sights on it. I want to convert it to a more reliable "combat" shotgun. I was going to do it to my 870 but the 1100 already has the shorter barrel.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts