Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To help pay for hunting season, I will be cutting back on my home internet access. I will still be around when I get a chance. I will still have access from school, but it is hard to convince the computer folks and campus security that a site about guns is normal. I love this place.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Wow pumper, I for one will miss you. Do the campus IT folk actually check up on where you visit on the web? I've heard of 'em taking down home pages, but surfing around's usually ok unless they've got the port closed for some Facist reason. Hope you figure it out!

Jeff23

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
pumper what school do you go to?

By the way there is always the library.

I've got one word for you. WiFi

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is nothing about it against the rules. But the tech guys have to respond to the complaints of the other users around me who think I am a terrorist for loving guns so much. It bothers me and them to have to do it, so I try to keep it as unobtrusive as possible. Some people are too paranoid and too PC.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Understandable, but I've long suspected that you ARE a terrorist :lol:

Just kidding, "Pumper the Jackal"

Jeff23

·
Registered
20 Posts
Go easy Pumper and see ya around...

I know the difficulty of being a "gun nut" in an academic setting. Did genetics research at that "bastion of Conservative thought" the University of Michigan for serveral years. That's actually where my handle came from. (They stereotyped me as the guy from King of the Hill) Anyway, don't be too shy around the academic types. You just might soften there opinion on gun owners. My old co-workers still lean to the Sarah Brady side of things, but they are no longer scared of us. Just smug and "superior."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts